It is truly called Cannabis but it has many names...
- Marijuana, Weed, Pot, Dope, Ganga, Mary Jane, Bush, Cheeba, Dank, Flower, Bud, Grass, Green, La-La, Purple Passion, Trees, Wacky Tobaccy
So what makes up this plant. The forbidden flower is derived from the cannabis plant. The main ingredient of cannabis is delta-9 tetrahydro-cannabinol (THC) which is described below. A plant can have a very broad scale potency of THC. Weed is made out of dried buds and leaves from the cannabis plant after it has fully matured, only a female plant will provide smokable bud, a male will not but can be used and made into useful items and apparel.
- Sativa's - The most common sativa strain is Sour Diesel. When in growth, plants can grow incredible heights of up to 20 feet or more but can take much longer to bud then a indica plant. It can take 10 to 16 weeks to fully mature a plant, sativa leaves are more long and skinny, a sativa strain is best known for motivating the user and bringing out creativity. Sativa strains contain higher levels of THC which provides the user with the feeling of being high but it also has lower levels of the chemical CBD which helps with pain and anxiety relief. Sativa strains often get the user thinking outside of ones natural comfort zone.
- Indica's - The most common indica strain is OG Kush, when in growth plants are typically short and wide. They take less time to mature, usually 8 to 12 weeks, the leaves are short and have a greater width then sativa leaves. Indica strains are best known for calming qualities and contain higher CBD content which means it helps with pain relief and anxiety better then other strains. When looking at indica the more dense and compact the bud the more properties of indica the bud has. When smoking a indica strain it provides a heavy body high to the user which relaxes the body.
- Hybrid's - The most common hybrid strain is White Widow, when in growth many factors come
into play due the mixture of both indica and sativa, hybrids offer the perfect combination of both mind and body relief. Breeders continue to develop new combinations of cannabis.
What is THC...
- THC also known as tetrahydrocannabinol, is the chemical in cannabis that provides the feeling of being high. THC communicates with the brain, releasing dopamine. Dopamine is the chemical in the body that is correlated with pleasure. It is believed that the the plant uses THC as it's active defense to keep itself safe from potential plant eaters.
- Trichomes make up the "crystals" that you see on the flower when you look closely, this is where the THC resides. Trichomes are all over the stem and leaves. When looking very closely they appear like tiny mushrooms that can be different colors. A white or amber color is the best, white or milky trichomes result in mind high whereas amber result in a relaxing feel. If the trichomes are clear they will contain very low THC.